Institution of Marriage in Islam & Services Provided by Nabi Akram Center
Marriage, or pairing with the opposite sex, is the foundation of human life. It is concept of “I” to “Us”, and a calm and safe marriage is a reality of “Us” to “Him”, as the creator of all of us. Marriage means the productive unity of a couple in what He, the Al-Mighty, prescribes to us.
In the Quran, it is said,
وَ اَنْكِحُوا الْاَیَامٰى مِنْكُمْ وَ الصّٰلِحِیْنَ مِنْ عِبَادِكُمْ وَ اِمَآىٕكُمْؕ
“Marry those among you who are single and unwedded ones”. If they are in poverty, God will give them means out of his grace.” 24:32
Here at NAC we provide the following services in this regard:
Pre-Marital Counseling: To ensure that you are prepared for marriage, a pre-marital counseling session is held with our religious counselor and clergy to discuss how to begin your journey together with a strong and loving foundation. The topic(s) covered in the session depend on the needs of each individual couple. For example, couples may explore maintaining relationships with friends and family.
Marriage Sermon: Our religious counselor will deliver a sermon that highlights the importance of marriage in Islam and the rights of each spouse.
Nikah Ceremony: “Nikah” is the Arabic word for marriage. It is the verbal agreement read in Arabic by the religious counselor on behalf of the bride and groom. At the conclusion of the agreement the bride, groom, and witnesses sign the marriage contract.
Marriage Certificate: A marriage certificate signed by the officials at the center is handed to the couple.
Call us for more details and to set up an appointment: 904-729-1265
You can fill out an Online Application form below:
To obtain a marriage license you need:
- Identification: a picture ID such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or valid passport.
- A certificate of no impediment is required to confirm the marital status of an individual. …the Non–impediment Letter can be obtained from the courthouse. A copy of the legal marriage license or letter from the courthouse is accepted to proof the marital status of an individual.
- Two photo pictures from both groom and bride. (Passport or Visa type pictures).
- One hour counseling session (groom & bride with Shaykh) prior to Nikah session.
- Fee ($120 plus $10 for each Islamic marriage certificate)
- Please email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the form below.